The Superintendent's Parent Advisory Council is a group of parents from across the district that meets four times during the school year. The advisory council is intended to provide two-way communication between parent representatives and the Superintendent and central office staff.
The Parent Advisory Council will:
- Advise the Superintendent on district initiatives
- Provide input on district and school related issues
- Hear about and share opinions on current opportunities and challenges facing our schools
- Bring to the Superintendent's attention existing and emerging issues expressed by parents
- Further the District's efforts in expanding family and community engagement/involvement
The council will be comprised of three parents from each comprehensive high school and three parents from the alternative schools. Members will serve on the council for one school year. To ensue broad representation, the appointment of members will be made on a variety of factors including geographic location of residence and areas of interest and experience.
2014-2015 Meeting Location and Dates:
- October 21, 2014
- December 2, 2014
- January 27, 2015
- March 31, 2015
All meetings will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the District Office's Kreps Conference Center, which is on the Redwood High School campus in Larkspur.
Process for Interested Parents:
If you are interested in serving on the council, please submit a self-nomination form (click here for form). The deadline for submission is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 26, 2014. Nomination forms are available on the district website at www.tamdistrict.org or by requesting a copy via e-mail to email@example.com or by calling (415) 945-3720.